We understand that having tooth extracted can be somewhat stressful for you. Extracting teeth is seen as a last resort in modern dentistry
There are several reasons why a tooth may need to be extracted.
The most common are
- Extensive damage to a tooth – excessive decay or trauma-induce may be irreparable and require tooth extraction
- Periodontal disease- poor oral hygiene may lead to inflamed or infected gums known as periodontal disease. This condition may damage the bone and tissue around the root of tooth leading to a loose or teeth. Which need to be extracted
- Improved appearance-cosmetic dentistry procedure may sometimes require the need to extract one or more teeth particularly if the tooth ahs no functional role
- Wisdom Teeth- many patients’ mouths are not designed for or large enough to accommodate for wisdom teeth In these cases wisdom teeth extraction is recommended
- Our experienced dentists are trained to perform many minor oral surgeries in house such as
- Wisdom teeth removal,
- Removal of existing roots
- Soft tissue grafts
- Extractions to eliminate crowding
- Crown lengthening
Our aim is to provide safe and effective oral surgery with patient comfort foremost at all times. You can receive the many oral surgery procedures here in the comfort and familatiry of our surgery. We will be there for you every step of the process and discuss any concerns you may have.
However if we believe that you would be best served by a specialist we will refer you to one of our trusted colleagues.