Thank you for choosing Haberfield Dental Practice for your oral healthcare. We are pleased and honoured to have you as our patient. Your first visit to our surgery will take about an hour, so please schedule your time accordingly
Upon arriving at our comfortable practice
- You will be greeted by a member of our friendly team, who will request you complete a New Patient Form. We will help you complete this form if necessary.
- At this time we will gather information on your current dental condition , previous dental history and your general medical history
- Our staff will be happy to answer any questions or queries that you may have regarding your visit.
In the event that you arrive early, our practice is fully equipped with enough reading and entertainment material to keep you and your family busy while you wait.
You will then be escorted into one of your comfortable, modern treatment rooms and introduced to your experienced dentist who will complete a comprehensive dental assessment to provide you with an overview of your current oral state
During your first visit we need to gather as much information from you so we can understand your dental requirements and expectations.
A comprehensive dental exam will follow which includes
- Screening for oral cancer, gum disease, bite abnormalities, tooth decay and problems with existing dental work.
- Taking x-rays of your teeth to get an understanding of any problems that can’t be seen by general observation and photos of your mouth.
Your dentist will use all of this information to determine what dental treatment you need.
Our dentists will use the x-rays and photos to explain their findings and recommendations so that you can make informed decisions about your dental care. We will also take this opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your dental health and encourage you to ask questions. The more you know and understand the more comfortable you’ll be with your treatment plan
Please note that your information is maintained in accordance with State and Federal Privacy Legalisation. If you have any queries about how we use and protect your personal information, please ask one of our staff.