We understand that having tooth extracted can be somewhat stressful for you. Extracting teeth is seen as a last resort in modern dentistry, however there are several reasons why a tooth may need to be extracted.
The most common are:
- Extensive damage to a tooth – excessive decay or trauma may be irreparable and require tooth extraction
- Periodontal disease – poor oral hygiene may lead to inflamed or infected gums known as periodontal disease. This condition may damage the bone and tissue around the root of a tooth, leading to loose teeth
- Improved appearance – cosmetic dentistry procedures may sometimes require the need to extract one or more teeth, particularly if the tooth has no functional role
- Wisdom teeth – many patients’ mouths are not designed for, or large enough, to accommodate for wisdom teeth, and therefore wisdom teeth extraction may be recommended.
Our experienced dentists are trained to perform many minor oral surgeries in house, such as:
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Removal of existing roots
- Soft tissue grafts
- Extractions to eliminate crowding
- Crown lengthening.
Our aim is to provide safe and effective oral surgery with patient comfort and well-being foremost at all times. You can receive and have your procedure here in the comfort and familiarity of our surgery. We will be there for you every step of the process and will discuss any concerns you may have. All the above procedures can be done under IV sedation in-house with an experienced anaesthetist.
However, we can also refer you to a specialist or one of our trusted colleagues if preferred.
Ready to transform your smile?
Following a friendly discussion with you about your goals and budget, our expert dental team will offer a personalised strategy for your smile transformation.