The New Patient Experience
Thank you for entrusting Haberfield Dental Practice with your oral healthcare. We are pleased and honoured to have you as our patient, and provide you with our 5-star services administered by our professional and caring staff. It is our mission to ensure you always walk away with a smile, feeling confident about your experience with us and our ability to address all your current and future dental needs.
Your first visit to our surgery will take about an hour, so please schedule your time accordingly.
Prior to arriving at our practice:
- You will be sent an online version of our New Patient Form to be completed and sent back ahead of your appointment.
- Our team will gather your information on your current dental condition, previous dental history and your general medical history so we are prepared for your dental appointment.
- Our staff will be available via phone or email to answer any questions or queries that you may have regarding your visit.
Upon arriving at our practice:
- You will be greeted by a member of our friendly team, and you will be invited to relax in our reception area briefly.
- In the event that you arrive early, our practice is equipped with entertainment material to keep you and your family busy while you wait. It is our intention to always be as punctual as possible with our appointments, with minimal waiting time.
- You will then be escorted into one of our comfortable, modern treatment rooms and introduced to your experienced dentist, who will complete a comprehensive dental assessment. During your first visit we need to gather as much information as we can from you to fully understand your dental requirements and put together an oral treatment plan.
- You will then be able to sit back, relax and enjoy uninterrupted screen time with our overhead TVs from the comfort of our dental chairs.
Your comprehensive dental exam includes:
- Screening for illnesses such as oral cancer, gum disease, bite abnormalities, tooth decay, and any problems with existing dental work.
- X-rays or 3D scanning of your mouth and teeth to get an understanding of any problems that can’t be seen by general visual observation.
Your dentist will use all of this information to determine what dental treatment you need.
Our dentists will use the x-rays and images to explain their findings and provide you with recommendations so that you can make informed decisions about your ongoing dental care. We will also take this opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your dental health and encourage you to ask questions. The more you know and understand the more comfortable you’ll be with your treatment plan.
Ready to transform your smile?
Following a friendly discussion with you about your goals and budget, our expert dental team will offer a personalised strategy for your smile transformation.